Skip to main content

TEACHER!! - Me??!!

When one of my friends suggested that we start a training program for the school students, I told myself, "This is going to be easy, after all half of your family are teachers and you have two in your own family!! you are a born Teacher!!"

I had doubts about the program being accepted in school. As I thought, they did not accept it that easily!! Till now we have not got a big YES!! we have just completed a demo class.

Still, demo or not a class is a class and this was my first time, and a very different one from the rare seminars I handled at college. Eventhough I have been on stage a lot of times, everytime I stand before a crowd, I feel the stage fear returning. But, this time was different. I have always dreamt about becoming a teacher.

We devised and revised the plan again and again... deciding what we are going to do in the one hour thirty minutes provided to us. So when we finally got that settled we started preparing.. I was going to start the session. My friends always dumped me with the opening!! We went to school a full half an hour early!! (never been so early!!) Our allotted time was in the afternoon just after the lunch hour!!! I have always felt sorry for the staff handling classes at that time of the day.

The school Principal made a breif introduction and left. I went inside the class with a "Good afternoon, class!" they wished me back "good afternoon,...." did not know how to address me I guess!! My heart was beating at a rate which I feared would make it stop beating!! Then I asked them, "Had a nice lunch??"

And whatever happened after that is purely... MAGIC!!! I never thought that I will talk and that my heart will beat normally!! When we completed the session we gave them the feedback forms and got them filled. I was really in high spirits, had springs in my step I should say!! And later on reading the feedback forms made the difference... May be they wrote we were good out of good heartedness or we really were, I dont know!! I don't wish to know...

What really matters is how it made me feel... Teaching is such a beautiful job to do. "you were great", "excellent" blah blah blah do not matter at all!! "Thanks for coming, we want you to come again and again!!", "I will follow what you told me today", "I knew loads about college, I AM READY TO FACE IT!!" - I dont have to explain how it felt... just read these comments... and wont that make you feel great??!!

Students wont listen to you, they will laugh at you, they will be rebellious,....... were some of the comments I heard when I told people that I am going to teach at school. They are certainly true, as a student I know that too!! I expected the worst to happen!! I was lucky they were a cute crowd. :)

Well, now I know how it feels to be a teacher and I have made a promise to myself that I will try my best to be a good student for what is left of my UG :)

I LIKED IT!!! IT MADE MY DAY - TEACHING!!!

Comments

  1. So cute!! If the teacher is cute and soft why will the crowd not be? :D lol!! Awesome kums darling!! :) All the best for the next phase of life :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One Year Old Parent

I cannot believe we are a year old now! My daughter and me, as a mother. What an year it has been!

Starting with self-doubts and a roller-coaster ride of hormones to somehow learning the trick of the trade, I have come a long way.

I found myself a place among a group of amazing mothers here in Coimbatore. They have been my support system throughout. I will be eternally thankful to them.



I do what I think is best for my baby. Babywearing, cloth diapering, breastfeeding and letting my child feed herself. All the above said concepts didnt come easy, I had to explain a thousand times and do my research to get people around me to accept what I do.

Do not let the society dictate your parenting style. You are the parent and you are supposed to do the parenting not the society. The "society" will be there to tell you that you are not producing enough milk for the baby, cloth diapers are bulky, babywearing will make the baby dependent on you and a self-feeding baby does not eat enou…

Thought Process of a Hobby Junkie

So today in the morning I had this good for nothing thought process going on in my mind which resulted in this:
Sometimes when you are a hobby junkie you end up asking yourself what is that ONE thing you want to do in life? What is your true interest? I haven't found an answer to that until this very moment. One day I dream of pursuing my interest in music and then one day I see myself wearing a photographer's vest and then one another day my dream of being rich and quenching my wanderlust.
But I guess I can photograph my travel destination and that singing while at it won't hurt. And just when I come to such a solution I start going after arts and crafts. Now, that's back to square one! Then I had to make this list.
Why being a jack of all trades sucks:
> you are not really an expert in anything. > you are not sure what your true interest is > people call you half baked > you end up buying stuff for each of your hobbies and then they end up in storage until your …

What does love mean to me?

When I hit puberty I thought love was all about kissing and having butterflies in your stomach.When I grew up a little I replaced kissing with sex and the butterflies remained.Now the definition has changed in all ways possible. I've learned that there isn't just the romantic Love there is more to it.It could be the heart swelling when you see your child do something or the smile you have when you think of your parent. This year I've decided that my daughter is my valentine. Sleepless nights and the constant anxiety are all totally worth it. The sloppy kisses that I get on rare mornings are my greatest motivator.To me love is all about the level of comfort I have with a person. You really love each other if you can fart and burp to your heart's content in each other's company. If you can have conversations about that then you are in the next level, haha!Everybody sees love differently but most would agree on the comfort part. My friend Srilakshmi and I see things d…